- View, Green River Plantation, Polk County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: Green River Plantation was settled by Joseph McDowell Carson. | Architectural Note: The original Federal section of the house may have already been standing when Carson obtained the property in the early nineteenth century. He later added the two-story Greek Revival section. The property also features outbuildings, including log structures and a Gothic Revival chapel. | Historical Note: Green River Plantation is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Polk County (N.C.)
Green River Plantation (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 155 Calton Hill Ln