Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Portico, Dr. J. Howell Way House, Waynesville, Haywood County, North Carolina
Architecture, Queen Anne
Colonial revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 301 South Main Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for Dr. J. Howell Way, a prominent physician.
- Architectural note:
- The 2 1/2-story structure blends the Queen Anne and Colonial Revival styles. Dr. Way's one-story brick office is attached at the corner.
- Historical note:
- The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.487836, -82.989201