- Side view, Cove Grove, Perquimans County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Perquimans County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Chalk Cliffs Rd
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Benjamin Skinner (planter) and Elizabeth Leigh Skinner, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The two-story Ionic portico lacks an intervening gallery, which is a rare feature in North Carolina's antebellum houses.
- Historical note:
- The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.189324, -76.465719