- Porch, Nash-Hooper-Graham House, Hillsborough, Orange County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house initially belonged to General Francis Nash, first owner. In 1782, William Hooper, second owner, bought the house and lived there until his death in 1790.
- Architectural note:
- The house was rebuilt in the nineteenth century.
- Historical note:
- Hooper was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. The house later belonged to Governor William A. Graham in the mid to late nineteenth century. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
Governors -- North Carolina
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783