NCSU Libraries

Interior view, Nash-Hooper-Graham House, Hillsborough, Orange County, North Carolina

Nash-Hooper-Graham House (Hillsborough, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Interior view, Nash-Hooper-Graham House, Hillsborough, Orange County, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Houses
Windows
Fireplaces
Original Format:
Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
Item identifier:
bh1278pnc015
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Location:
Hillsborough (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
Preservation North Carolina
Collection:
Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building:

Built:
Community:
Hillborough
State:
North Carolina
Provenance note:
The house initially belonged to General Francis Nash, first owner. In 1782, William Hooper, second owner, bought the house and lived there until his death in 1790.
Architectural note:
The house was rebuilt in the nineteenth century.
Historical note:
Hooper was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. The house later belonged to Governor William A. Graham in the mid to late nineteenth century. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location:
Hillsborough (N.C.)
Subjects:
Houses
Housing, Single family
Historic buildings
National Register of Historic Places

✓ Give us feedback