- View, Independence Building, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Jones, J. A. more info on Jones, J. A., contractor
- Milburn, Frank P. (Frank Pierce), 1868-1926 more info on Milburn, Frank P. (Frank Pierce), 1868-1926
- Milburn, Heister & Co. more info on Milburn, Heister & Co.
- Stoddart, William L. (William Lee), 1868-1940 more info on Stoddart, William L. (William Lee), 1868-1940
- 100-102 W. Trade St.
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- Although it was demolished in 1981, the Independence Building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Architectural note:
- Originally 12 floors, 2 more were added in 1928. This was the tallest building in North Carolina for several years, surpassing the Masonic Temple Building in Raleigh.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.22738, -80.843077