Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Brick and beam detail, George Houston House (Walls-Houston House), Iredell County, North Carolina
Beams (Structural elements)
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Iredell County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Houston, George House -- Walls-Houston House (Mount Mourne, Iredell County, North Carolina)
- 1871 Mecklenburg Hwy
- Mount Mourne
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The George Houston House (Walls-Houston House) is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Provenance note:
- The house is believed to have been built by Dr. Walls, first owner. The more prominent Dr. George Houston later owned the house.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.523131, -80.842171