- View, John Wheeler House, Murfreesboro, Hertford County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 400 East Broad Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for William Hardy Murfree and his business partner George Gordon. John Wheeler purchased the home in 1814.
- Architectural note:
- The house is a two-story Federal-style structure composed of Flemish-bond brickwork. The property also exhibits a freestanding brick dependency and a plank outbuilding that has been relocated from the countryside.
- Historical note:
- The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Flemish bond (Masonry technique)
Housing, Single family
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.444028, -77.096718