- Interior view, David A. Barnes House, Murfreesboro, Hertford County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Holt, Jacob W., 1811-1880 more info on Holt, Jacob W., 1811-1880
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: The house was built for David Alexander Barnes, a member of state House of Commons and superior court judge. | Architectural Note: This house's construction is typical of contractor Holt's style: a center-passage plan, with four rooms per floor. However he adopted decorative features from "Bicknell's Village Builder" so that customers could get "the best and most modern styles."
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- David Alexander Barnes (member of state House of Commons and superior court judge), first owner.
- Architectural note:
- Holt functioned as the builder of this home.
- Historical note:
- The property is one of Holt's last and most lavishly decorated.
Hertford County (N.C.)
Housing, Single family