- Interior view, David A. Barnes House, Murfreesboro, Hertford County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Holt, Jacob W., 1811-1880 more info on Holt, Jacob W., 1811-1880
- Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892 more info on Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892
- Conrad, Joseph more info on Conrad, Joseph
- Conrad, William more info on Conrad, William
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for David Alexander Barnes, a member of state House of Commons and superior court judge.
- Architectural note:
- Jacob W. Holt functioned as the builder of this home. This house's construction is typical of contractor Holt's style: a center-passage plan, with four rooms per floor. However he adopted decorative features from "Bicknell's Village Builder" so that customers could get "the best and most modern styles." The property is one of Jacob W. Holt's last and most lavishly decorated.
Hertford County (N.C.)
Balusters (Railing components)
Decoration and ornament
Housing, Single family
Roundels (Circular panels)