- Front view, William R. Davie House, Halifax, Halifax County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Norman Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for William R. Davie, governor, envoy to France and "father of the University of North Carolina."
- Architectural note:
- The house is a side-passage plan, with late-Georgian, early Federal details.
- Historical note:
- The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.331156, -77.592042