- Front view, Vine Hill, Franklin County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Historical Note: Vine Hill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Franklin County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- General note:
- A detailed agreement between Holt and Archibald D. Williams fully documents Holt's expansion of an existing plantation house into a large dwelling with all the Holt hallmarks—which still stands. The document serves as a Rosetta stone for other Holt attributions. The porch shown in the photograph was reconstructed in the restoration.
Housing, Single family