- Entrance, Cooke House, Franklin County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
Franklin County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- U.S. 401
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- John Cooke and his son, Charles M. Cooke, first owners. The current owner, Harrison Cooke Best, is a descendant of the original owners.
- Architectural note:
- The rear section dates from the late eighteenth century to the early nineteenth century, and the front section from 1841.
- Historical note:
- The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
Buildings -- Additions
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.082396, -78.316193