- Front view, Coats-Walston House, Tarboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Coats, Thomas H. more info on Coats, Thomas H.
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Created Date:
- Provenance: The contractor Thomas H. Coats was also the first owner of the house. | Architectural Note: The home was constructed from a pattern in Minard Lafever's "Architectural Instructor." The property also houses a brick kitchen and a board-and-batten smokehouse. | Historical Note: The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1311 St Andrew St
- Provenance note:
- Thomas H. Coats (contractor), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home was constructed from a pattern in Minard Lafever's Architectural Instructor. The property also houses a brick kitchen and a board-and-batten smokehouse.
- Historical note:
- The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- General note:
- The date is approximate.
Housing, Single family
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.906245, -77.538692