- Front view, Gamble House, Durham, Durham County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Greene & Rogers (Asheville, N.C.) more info on Greene & Rogers (Asheville, N.C.)
- Greene, Ronald, 1891-1961 more info on Greene, Ronald, 1891-1961
- Rogers, W. Stewart, 1906-1989 more info on Rogers, W. Stewart, 1906-1989
- 1307 N. Mangum Street
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for Howard Gamble and his wife.
- Architectural note:
- Gamble House is built of stuccoed, poured concrete and is composed of asymmetrically placed rectangular blocks.
- Historical note:
- The house has been featured in national magazines and is listed among Durham's "points of interest."
Housing, Single family
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.008431, -78.893569