Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Front view, George Poland House, Durham County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Historical Note: The George Poland House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Durham County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Matsumoto, George more info on Matsumoto, George, 1922-
- Koontz, Wayne more info on Koontz, Wayne
- 551 John Jones Rd
- Historical note:
- The George Poland House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Historical note:
- In 2001, the house was threatened by a road-widening project. Preservation North Carolina sold the house to its current owner, who moved the house from its original Raleigh location to its current Bahama location, in rural Durham County.
Housing, Single family
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.145452, -78.894898
- External Resources:
Presevation Durham: Prne Preservation Award Winners, 2003
Triangle Modernist Houses: Matsumoto