- Front view, Currituck Beach Lighthouse and Keeper's Residences, Corolla, Currituck County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: The lighthouse complex was constructed by the Federal Lighthouse Board | Architectural Note: This frame double keeper's residence exhibits corbeled chimneys and kingpost gable decorations. | Historical Note: The structure was the last lighthouse constructed by the Board to guide sailors through the Outer Banks. The original first-order Fresnel lens remains in place. The lighthouse and its complex are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1130 Corolla Village Rd.
- Provenance note:
- Federal Lighthouse Board
- Historical note:
- The structure was the last lighthouse constructed by the Board to guide sailors through the Outer Banks. The original first-order Fresnel lens remains in place. The lighthouse and its complex are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.376658, -75.830636