- Interior view, St. Paul's Catholic Church, New Bern, Craven County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Lane, Hardy B., Sr., 1793-1856 more info on Lane, Hardy B., Sr., 1793-1856
- Created Date:
- Historical Note: William Gaston, a local lawyer and Catholic layman, originally obtained plans for a much more elaborate Gothic Revival church, but when financial concerns prevented its construction, this simpler church was constructed instead.
New Bern (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- New Bern
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- William Gaston, a local lawyer and Catholic layman, originally obtained plans for a much more elaborate Gothic Revival church, but when financial concerns prevented its construction, this simpler church was constructed instead.
New Bern (N.C.)
Gothic revival (Architecture)