- Side view, Clear Springs, Craven County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Craven County (N.C.)
Clear Springs Plantation (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 2401 Spring Garden Rd
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Clear Springs was probably built for James Green, a prominent planter, and the property was passed through the Green family for generations.
- Architectural note:
- Both front and back elevations of this Georgian structure exhibit symmetrical five-bays with a central doorway. The house rests on a partially raised basement, with the porch as a nineteenth century addition.
- Historical note:
- Clear Springs is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- General note:
- The date is approximate.
New Bern (N.C.)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.218313, -77.203433