- View, Cleveland County Courthouse, Shelby, Cleveland County, North Carolina
Revival, Classical (European revival style)
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Newman, H. F. more info on Newman, H. F.
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Architectural Note: This stone-veneered building features porticoes on all sides and a large central dome with a cupola. | Historical Note: The former courthouse is now home to the county history museum. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 103 S Lafayette St
- Architectural note:
- This stone-veneered building features porticoes on all sides and a large central dome with a cupola.
- Historical note:
- The former courthouse is now home to the county history museum. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- General note:
- The date is approximate.
National Historic Landmarks
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.291331, -81.54016