- Interior view, Masonic Building, Shelby, Cleveland County, North Carolina
Balusters (Railing components)
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Rogers, Willard G. more info on Rogers, Willard G.
- J.P. Little and Son more info on J.P. Little and Son (Builders)
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- This four-story building is one of the major examples of Egyptian Revival architecture in the state. It has lotus columns on each side of the entrance and features stylized wings along the top of the first level.
- Historical note:
- The Masonic Building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
Wings (Animal components)