- Interior view, Gaston Chapel A.M.E. Church, Morganton, Burke County, North Carolina
Stained glass (Visual works)
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Gaston Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Morganton, Burke County, North Carolina)
- 100 Bouchelle Street
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The church is the oldest in the county to be built for an African American congregation, and is the second oldest church building in Morganton. The congregation, including local builder Philo G. Harbison, built the church at the turn of the century. The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
African Americans -- History
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.746608, -81.68533