- View with octagonal tower, The Cedars (Tate House), Morganton, Burke County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
Towers (Building divisions)
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Samuel McDowell Tate, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The original structure was enlarged in 1875.
- Historical note:
- Tate was elected to the State Legislature in 1874, and was active in bringing both the Western North Carolina Insane Asylum (Broughton Hospital) and the North Carolina School for the Deaf to Morganton. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places