- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Burke County
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Captain Charles McDowell, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The home features Federal style mantels. The building restored in the late twentieth century.
- Historical note:
- The structure is one of a group of houses representing the first surviving generation of architecture in the region. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Burke County (N.C.)
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places