- View, First Baptist Church, Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 5 Oak Street
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The church was Douglas Ellington's first design in Asheville. Ellington used a color palette based on the green of weathered copper, which was accentuated by the red, terracotta, and pink in the tiles and walls.
- Historical note:
- The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.597371, -82.547288
- External Resources:
First Baptist Church of Asheville: History