- Partial view, Clarence Barker Memorial Hospital, Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924 more info on Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924
- Ellington, Douglas D., 1886-1960 more info on Ellington, Douglas D., 1886-1960
- Lord, William H., 1864-1933 more info on Lord, William H., 1864-1933
- 2 Reed Street
- Historical note:
- The hospital was constructed in 1901, with additions dating to 1905. The majority of the hospital was destroyed by fire in 1921. The Clarence Barker Memorial Hospital is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.564988, -82.541043
- External Resources:
Clarence Barker Memorial Hospital