- Partial view, Ravenscroft School, Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Clayton, Ephraim, 1804-1892 more info on Clayton, Ephraim, 1804-1892
- Created Date:
- Provenance: The house was presumably built for entreprenuer James Osborne, first owner, by Ephraim Clayton (attributed builder). | Historical Note: The brick structure was used as an Episcopal School after 1856, and later as a rooming house and offices. The structure is listed on the National Register for Historic Places.
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was presumably built for entrepreneur James Osborne, first owner, by Ephraim Clayton (attributed builder).
- Historical note:
- The brick structure was used as an Episcopal School after 1856, and later as a rooming house and offices. The structure is listed on the National Register for Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places