- Front view, Carolina Apartments, Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: The structure was built by the Asheville Apartment Company (presumed first owner). | Architectural Note: The Flemish bond brick structure features three-story frame verandas, paneled columns, and a stair tower with a standing seam tin shed roof and Neo-Federal portico (now missing columns).
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924 more info on Smith, Richard Sharp, 1852-1924
- Greene, Ronald, 1891-1961 more info on Greene, Ronald, 1891-1961
- Provenance note:
- The structure was built by the Asheville Apartment Company (presumed first owner).
- Architectural note:
- The Flemish bond brick structure features three-story frame verandas, panelled columns, and a stair tower with a standing seam tin shed roof and Neo-Federal portico (now missing columns).
Decoration and ornament -- Federal style