NCSU Libraries

Front view, Hillcrest Elementary School, Burlington, Alamance County, North Carolina

Hillcrest Elementary School (Burlington, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Front view, Hillcrest Elementary School, Burlington, Alamance County, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
School buildings
Stairs
Original Format:
Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
Item identifier:
bh1002pnc004
Created Date:
to
Created Date:
Description:
Provenance: The structure was built during an ambitious program by the city's school system in the early twentieth century under a Board of Education whose members included Charles M. Horner, Joseph E. Gant, Dr. Charles McPherson, James P. Montgomery, and Harold Eaton. | Historical Note: The school is still intact and used for its original purpose, unlike the other schools built during the program which have been demolished or adapted for other uses. The schools were the main civic buildings to be constructed at the time.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Location:
Burlington (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
Preservation North Carolina
Collection:
Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building:

Street:
1714 West Davis Street
Community:
Burlington
State:
NC
Zip:
27215-1902
Provenance note:
The structure was built during an ambitious program by the city's school system in the early twentieth century under a Board of Education whose members included Charles M. Horner, Joseph E. Gant, Dr. Charles McPherson, James P. Montgomery, and Harold Eaton.
Historical note:
The school is still intact and used for its original purpose, unlike the other schools built during the program which have been demolished or adapted for other uses. The schools were the main civic buildings to be constructed at the time.
Location:
Burlington (N.C.)
Subjects:
School buildings
Elementary school buildings
Latitude, Longitude:
36.104215, -79.462801

✓ Give us feedback