- Partial view, Elmhurst, Graham, Alamance County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Holt, E.M. more info on Holt, E. M., builder
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 135 W. Pine Street
- Provenance note:
- E. M. Holt built the house for his daughter, Mary Elizabeth, and her husband James Williamson.
- Historical note:
- James Williamson founded the Ossipee Mill.
- Architectural note:
- The house is reminiscent of the textile mansions of Graham, and is asymmetrical with a mansard-roofed entrance tower and Italianate millwork.
Housing, Single family
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
Asymmetry (Composition concept)
Towers (Building divisions)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.068101, -79.401538