Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Floor plans, Blandwood, Greensboro, North Carolina
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
- Original Format:
- scale: 1/8 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Kay, D. more info on Kay, D.
- Sykes, A. more info on Sykes, A.
- Created Date:
- 2 of 6
Floor plans (architectural drawings)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892 more info on Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892
- Conrad Family more info on Conrad Family
- Conrad, Joseph more info on Conrad, Joseph
- Conrad, William more info on Conrad, William
- Conrad, John W. more info on Conrad, John W.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Governor John Motley Morehead, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The newly redesigned home retained the existing building formerly owned by Henry Humphreys, founder of Mount Hecla Mill. The home was reconstructed in 1983.
- Historical note:
- As one of A. J. Davis's first Italianate villas, and as one of the country's first Italianate villa, the home inspired countless imitations and popularized the center-tower villa across the nation. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and as a National Historical Landmark.
National Historic Landmarks
National Register of Historic Places