- Location map, site plan, and construction detail, Log cabin, Yates Mill, Wake County, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings; scale: 1 in. = 20 ft., 1 in. = 24000 ft., undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Riley, Lewis C. more info on Riley, Lewis C.
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- 1 of 2 | Historical Note: The delineator noted that the cabin was built by North Carolina State University design school students.
Wake County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 4640 Lake Wheeler Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Samuel Pearson, first owner; Simon Pearson, second owner; William Boylan (businessman, director of State Bank, newspaper publisher), third owner
- Architectural note:
- The mill contains several generations of construction from the early nineteenth century onward, replacing a late eighteenth century mill probably destroyed in flooding in the early 1800s.
- Historical note:
- The site first began operating as a mill in 1761. The mill is the only survivor of several eighteenth century mills around Raleigh, and has been restored. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Mills and mill-work
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.718516, -78.686272