NCSU Libraries

Third floor plan, William Worrell Vass House, Raleigh, North Carolina

William Worrell Vass House (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Third floor plan, William Worrell Vass House, Raleigh, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Floor plans
Houses
Second Empire
Original Format:
Measured drawings
Extent:
scale: 3/16 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
Item identifier:
bh036107104
Delineator:
Vrettos, Constantine N. more info on Vrettos, Constantine N. 
Delineator:
Caldwell, Reginald R. more info on Caldwell, Reginald R. 
Created Date:
circa
Description:
7 of 20 (7 of 21) | Drawing Note: The final drawing is unnumbered, so the drawings total twenty-one.
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
Collection:
Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building: Vass, William Worrell House (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Built:
Demolished:
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Provenance note:
Major William Worrell Vass (treasurer and executive officer of the Raleigh and Gaston Railroad), first owner; House was occupied by the last of the Vass family, Miss Eleonora Vass until 1966. Then a servant of the family lived in the house for a while.
Historical note:
The house was built in 1879-1881 at No. 3, East Edenton St., by William Worrell Vass, who according to Raleigh City Directory occupied the house in 1883. By the 1960's, age and neglect started the deterioration of the building. The house was razed in 1971. The site now houses the North Carolina Museum of History.
Architectural note:
The interior and exterior of the house was a unique perpetuation of that American building vogue which was characteristic of the 1880's and 1890's.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Abandoned houses
Buildings -- Remodeling for other use
Demolished buildings
Historic sites
Houses
Housing, Single family
Lost architecture
Museums