Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Porch details, Ambassador Walter Hines Page Birthplace, Cary, North Carolina
Balusters (Railing components)
- Original Format:
- scale: 1/4 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Powell, James R. more info on Powell, James R.
- Young, Nicholas P. more info on Young, Nicholas P.
- Created Date:
- 13 of 23
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 100-198 State Road 1011
- Provenance note:
- John Bradford (planter), first owner; William M. Jordan, early nineteenth century owner; Allison Francis Page (farmer, lumberman, founder of Cary, and mayor) and Kate Raboteau Page, mid-nineteenth century owner
- Architectural note:
- The house encompassed an older late eighteenth century home.
- Historical note:
- The building burned down in the late twentieth century.
Historic buildings -- Remodeling
Housing, Single family
North Carolina -- History
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.787349, -78.779751