- Partial view, Young's Hotel, Bakersville, Mitchell County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Ruben J. Young (innkeeper), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The outbuildings included men's and women's outhouses, stables, a spring house, a sample house for salesmen to display goods, and a dining room connected to the inn by a breezeway. The grounds housed gardens that produced fruits and vegetables used for feeding guests.
- Historical note:
- Famous guests that stayed at the hotel included John Jacob Astor, and George and Annie Vanderbilt. The hotel and outbuildings were torn down in 1967.
Mitchell County (N.C.)
Dinners and dining
Fruit -- Harvesting