- Fireplace and stairway details, Young's Hotel, Bakersville, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings
- scale: 3/4 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Robinson, Michael S. more info on Robinson, Michael S.
- Created Date:
- 8 of 8
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Ruben J. Young (innkeeper), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The outbuildings included men's and women's outhouses, stables, a spring house, a sample house for salesmen to display goods, and a dining room connected to the inn by a breezeway. The grounds housed gardens that produced fruits and vegetables used for feeding guests.
- Historical note:
- Famous guests that stayed at the hotel included John Jacob Astor, and George and Annie Vanderbilt. The hotel and outbuildings were torn down in 1967.
Mitchell County (N.C.)
Fruit -- Harvesting
Dinners and dining