- Door details, Reid House, Matthews, North Carolina
Architecture, Queen Anne
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings
- scale: 3/4 in. = 1 ft., full scale; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- McLeod, D. Max more info on McLeod, D. Max
- Created Date:
- 7 of 10
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Edward Solomon Reid (cotton and yarn broker, alderman, and school board member), first owner; Dr. J. Van and Ellen Reid Bell, second owner; Ellen Reid Bell Reid and Dr. Thomas Neely Reid (physician and second husband of Ellen Reid)
- Architectural note:
- The home originally had a red tin roof. Over the years, the house has had several additions to the rear.
- Historical note:
- Family tradition credits the building to a Mr. Howe and his son Clarence. Dr. Reid practiced medicine out of the house for fifty years. The house and its magnolia tree are considered a local landmark.
Housing, Single family
Buildings -- Additions