Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Doorway, St. John's Episcopal Church, Battleboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina
Gothic revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 3 1/2 x 5 in.
- Item identifier:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The building exemplifies the Gothic Revival style that was inspired by Richard Upjohn's "Rural Architecture" and favored by nineteenth century Episcopalians. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places