- Side view, I. H. Foust House, Randolph County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Chromogenic color print (photograph); 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: Isaac H. Foust (businessman, merchant, county justice, and member of the House of Commons), first owner | Architectural Note: The central gable on the front facade was added around 1900. The rear wing may be an earlier house built around 1840. | Historical Note: The home is representative of the popularity of the Greek Revival style in Randolph County.
Randolph County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 6036 Us Highway 64 E
- Provenance note:
- Isaac H. Foust (businessman, merchant, county justice, and member of the House of Commons), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The central gable on the front façade was added around 1900. The rear wing may be an earlier house built around 1840.
- Historical note:
- The home is representative of the popularity of the Greek Revival style in Randolph County.
Housing, Single family
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.734452, -79.667392