- Side view, Bowers House, Halifax County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Halifax County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- J. B. and Martha Pryor Bowers, first owner; Thad Bowers, second owner; Cary and Martha Bowers, third owner
- Architectural note:
- The home consists of two separate buildings, one constructed around 1830 for J. B. Bowers and a second constructed around 1840 for Martha Pryor, which were united by a breezeway upon the marriage of the individuals in 1845. The breezeway was later altered to a kitchen.
Housing, Single family
Historic buildings -- Remodeling