NCSU Libraries

Longitudinal section, Bowers House, Halifax County, North Carolina

Thad Bowers House (Littleton, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Longitudinal section, Bowers House, Halifax County, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Houses
Longitudinal sections
Original Format:
Measured drawings; scale: 3/16 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
Item identifier:
bh034208301
Delineator:
Created Date:
circa
Created Date:
Description:
8 of 10 | Description Note: All information regarding this home comes from the delineator's research notes. | Provenance: J. B. and Martha Pryor Bowers, first owner; Thad Bowers, second owner; Cary and Martha Bowers, third owner | Architectural Note: The home consists of two separate buildings, one constructed around 1830 for J. B. Bowers and a second constructed around 1840 for Martha Pryor, that were united by a breezeway upon the marriage of Bowers and Pryor in 1845. The breezeway was later altered to a kitchen.
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Location:
Halifax County (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
Collection:
Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building:

Community:
Littleton
State:
North Carolina
Provenance note:
J. B. and Martha Pryor Bowers, first owner; Thad Bowers, second owner; Cary and Martha Bowers, third owner
Architectural note:
The home consists of two separate buildings, one constructed around 1830 for J. B. Bowers and a second constructed around 1840 for Martha Pryor, which were united by a breezeway upon the marriage of the individuals in 1845. The breezeway was later altered to a kitchen.
Location:
Littleton (N.C.)
Subjects:
Houses
Housing, Single family

✓ Give us feedback