- Fireplace details, Denke House, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- Measured drawings
- scale: 1-1/2 in. = 1 ft., full scale; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Calloway, Thomas D., Jr. more info on Calloway, Thomas D., Jr.
- Created Date:
- 13 of 13
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Christian Denke (Moravian minister and missionary), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home had undergone alterations by the mid-twentieth century, including the addition of brick cladding and the modification of the front and rear porches. The home has since been restored. The delineator notes that unlike most homes in Salem, the dwelling was set back from the road to provide space for a garden.
Housing, Single family
Buildings -- Additions
Dwellings -- Remodeling
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration