- View with chimneys, Belfont, Beaufort County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 in.
- Item identifier:
- McCollum, John more info on McCollum, John
- Created Date:
- Provenance: George Reading Blount (Revolutionary war officer under George Washington), owner after 1797 | Architectural Note: Constructed in the late eighteenth century, the home is notable for the north view's double chimney, formed from two double shouldered chimneys connected by a two-story pent. | Historical Note: The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Beaufort County (N.C.)
Belfont Farm (Latham, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 275 Robersonville Road
- Provenance note:
- George Reading Blount (Revolutionary war officer under George Washington), owner after 1797
- Architectural note:
- Constructed in the late eighteenth century, the home is notable for the north elevation's double chimney, formed from two double shouldered chimneys connected by a two-story pent.
- Historical note:
- The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.621624, -77.13039
- External Resources:
Belfont Plantation House Website