- Bedroom fireplace details, Crabtree Plantation, Raleigh, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- scale: 1 in. = 1 ft., full scale; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Shadoin, Thomas M. more info on Shadoin, Thomas M.
- Hopkins, William R. more info on Hopkins, William R.
- Created Date:
- 16 of 19
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Build by early Raleigh settler and plantation owner Nathaniel "Crabtree" Jones; Bryan Kimbrough Jones, mid-twentieth century owner
- Historical note:
- The building was constructed around 1795. The delineator indicates that the estate's heirs wanted the site to be used for the construction of apartments. The house, which sat on a plantation that bordered Isaac Hunter's Tavern, has also been known as Crabtree Plantation. Through the support of Preservation North Carolina, the building was moved in 2014 from Wake Forest Road to a new foundation on nearby Hilmer Drive in Raleigh, NC.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
Housing, Single family
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.