- View, Asa Thomas House, Milton, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 3 x 5 in.
- Item identifier:
- Croxton, Randolph R. more info on Croxton, Randolph R.
- Steele, Robert G. more info on Steele, Robert G.
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- Asa Thomas (gristmill owner), first owner; Romulus Saunders (congressman and minister to Spain), early nineteenth century owner; John T. Garland (physician), early nineteenth century owner
- Architectural note:
- The home contains the finest Adamesque interiors in Caswell County, which were installed around 1820. The house features an interior double door with an elliptical fanlight, a detail rare in the state. The exterior has been remodeled, but the interior remains intact.
- Historical note:
- Saunders purchased Longwood after leaving Fairview, but permanently traded homes with Garland in 1824 so that he could entertain presidential candidate William H. Crawford.
Historic buildings -- Remodeling
Housing, Single family