- View, Rock Springs Campground, Lincoln County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: Methodist congregation descended from 1794 meeting led by Methodist preacher Daniel Asbury | Historical Note: The meeting began at this site in 1830, and it became one of the state's largest. The camp meeting grounds were the oldest in North Carolina. They are are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Methodist congregation descended from 1794 meeting led by Methodist preacher Daniel Asbury
- Historical note:
- The meeting began at this site in 1830, and was the oldest of North Carolina's camp meeting grounds. The meeting became one of the state's largest. The meeting grounds are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Lincoln County (N.C.)