- Second floor details, Captain Lewis Meredith House, Murfreesboro, North Carolina
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- scale: half full scale, full scale, undetermined; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Burgwyn, Henry K. more info on Burgwyn, Henry K.
- Created Date:
- 15 of 15
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Jonathan Roberts (merchant) and Elizabeth Roberts, first owner; Captain Lewis Meredith (planter) and Elizabeth Roberts Meredith, second owner; John W. Southall, third owner; Dr. R. H. Worthington (patent medicine peddler), fourth owner
- Architectural note:
- The home gained a back porch and trim around 1880. The building featured several hidden staircases and a tunnel that led from the home's basement to the creek landing nearby. At one time the property included a carriage house, a spring house, a smokehouse, a barn, and servants' quarters, but at the time of the architectural drawings, these outbuildings had been destroyed.
Buildings -- Additions
Housing, Single family