- Interior view with stairs, Old Jail, Beaufort, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 3-1/4 x 4-1/8 in.
- Item identifier:
- Whitehurst, Elijah more info on Whitehurst, Elijah
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The jail remained in use until 1954, when a new jail was constructed. The building served as a museum on site until it was moved to the Beaufort Historic Site in 1977.
- Architectural note:
- A long porch once existed in the front but has been removed. The original stair rail has also been replaced.
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.