- Front view, Elmwood, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 3-1/2 x 5-3/4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 16 N. Boylan Avenue
- Provenance note:
- John Louis Taylor (chief justice of North Carolina's first supreme court) and Jane Gaston Taylor, first owner; William Gaston (Supreme Court justice), second owner; Thomas Ruffin (chief justice), renter of second owner; Romulus Sanders (congressman and minister to Spain), later owner; Samuel A'Court Ashe (newspaper editor and historian), later owner
- Architectural note:
- The porch and wings were added during Ashe's ownership.
- Historical note:
- The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
Wings (Building divisions)
National Register of Historic Places
Buildings -- Additions
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.781066, -78.649002