Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Parlor fireplace details, Elmwood, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- scale: 1-1/2 in. = 1 ft., full scale; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Payne, Edward more info on Payne, Edward
- Stec, John more info on Stec, John
- Created Date:
- 10 of 15
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 16 N. Boylan Avenue
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- John Louis Taylor (chief justice of North Carolina's first supreme court) and Jane Gaston Taylor, first owner; William Gaston (Supreme Court justice), second owner; Thomas Ruffin (chief justice), renter of second owner; Romulus Sanders (congressman and minister to Spain), later owner; Samuel A'Court Ashe (newspaper editor and historian), later owner
- Architectural note:
- The porch and wings were added during Ashe's ownership.
- Historical note:
- The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Buildings -- Additions
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
Wings (Building divisions)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.781066, -78.649002